Tuesday 6 September 2011

#ReasonsRuralRocks Aug 29-Sept 2

Sorry for the delay on getting this post ready. I spent the long weekend in rural Manitoba where access to internet was a tad limited and made blogging challenging. Now back in my home province, I see that there were not quite enough #ReasonsRuralRocks last week to make a Top Ten. While that is a bit disappointing, there were some great ones. Here are my favourites:

  • I hate getting up early…but the sunrise certainly makes it worth it.  @rainbow832 
  • This year my family’s 100 years on the original homestead! @dizzyraerae 
  • You can have as many dogs as you want, the ones that bark all night are assigned to guard the back pastures. @CircleBalpacas 
  • You can't go for a walk on the road without someone asking if you need a ride. @abruralgirl 
  • Neighbour falls out of tree and the whole town is booking time on his land to get the crop off. Galahad!” @onepercentyello 
  • Everywhere I go, fresh produce! We love rural, yes we DO, we love rural, how 'bout you?  @return2rural 
  • It's a wildlife safari from my kitchen window: moose, lynx, deer, bears, migratory birds. @jbatiuk      

As always, I encourage you to consider following these lovers of rural and to add your own voice to the conversation. I hope the first week of September has been full of moments when you are reminded of your own #ReasonsRuralRocks. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment